Starting from 26 January, there will be a new fun game mode available for you to enjoy: the Winter Showdown.
How to play the new mode? It's simple: select one of the three concept tanks (8-bit versions of the vehicles T110E5, AMX 50 Foch (155) and LTTB) and press Battle! Then you will be taken to a special map, resembling the style of old 8-bit games.
Important Information About the "Winter Showdown"
- If, after playing in the game mode, any elements of the interface go missing, please remove any and all mods you may have installed.
- The game mode is available from 26 January, 06:10 until 9 February, 06:10 CET (UTC+1).
- Battle duration: 7 minutes.
- Format: 10 vs 10 mode for "Random Battle" or 5 person platoons. In the latter option, platoons will be fighting other platoons exclusively.
- Victory Conditions: Destroy all enemy vehicles or capture a single base (similar to the Encounter game mode).
Special Tanks: Details
Each of the three tanks has its own specialisation. They can be divided into three types:
- Mammoth (heavy tank);
- Polar Bear (tank destroyer);
- Arctic Fox (light tank).
As you can see, the gameplay will not differ that much from what you are already used to, with light tanks dashing around, heavies breaking or holding the line, and tank destroyers bashing the enemy from a distance. The only difference is that these tanks have an unusually large number of hit points. Also, these vehicles are subject to the following rules:
- Emblems, camouflage and inscriptions are not available.
- Winter Showdown statistics will not affect the general statistics of the player.
- Once the game mode closes, all equipment installed on the special tanks will be automatically removed and placed in the player’s depot.
- The crew cannot be injured, and their number will correspond to that of the respective original tanks. It is possible to assign other crews to the special vehicles instead of the default ones. Once the Winter Showdown ends, the crew will be placed in the Barracks automatically. If there are no free bunks available, the Barracks will be temporarily expanded to accommodate them. The additional slots will disappear once the crew members are placed on new vehicles or dismissed.
- With the release of Update 9.6, the crew will be retrained automatically:
Mammoth crew - to T110E5.
Arctic Fox crew - to LTTB.
Polar Bear crew - to AMX 50 Foch (155).
We should also mention shells. There are two types of ammunition available, each of them with its own characteristics.
- Conventional shells (bought for credits): can destroy brick cubes (1 shot = 1 cube) and cause damage to the enemy.
- Premium shells (bought for gold or credits): can heal allies (defined amount of damage), destroy brick cubes (1 shot = 1 cube) and cause damage to the enemy.
Missions and Awards
For winning battles in the Winter Showdown, players will be awarded with a special commemorative medal, "Operation: Winter."
In addition, as part of the Winter Showdown, you will be able to enjoy a set of dedicated missions:
Once Winter Showdown ends and Version 9.6 is implemented, all combat experience accumulated on the special vehicles will be redistributed as follows:
The tanks will be credited XP regardless of whether they are present in the garage or not.
Join the Winter Showdown, Commanders!